Tomorrow’s Test: Clauses/Types of Sentences, Vocab, Maus.
“Warm Up, 1/19.”
Name at least three of the books we heard from yesterday. Bonus for more and/or for authors.
“Clauses, 1/19.” Write Simple, Complex, or Fragment.
- Jill drove the car out to the llama’s house in the country.
- Joe ate the hot dog even though the llama told him not to.
- Since Jenni ate the hot dog, she got sick.
- After the llama chased Julia inside, she watched TV.
- Although the llama was fast.
- Jack was much quicker than the llama was.
- _____ (NOT diminutive!)
- Abby is a ______ form of Abigail.
- George Washington and Abraham Lincoln are ______ figures in American history.
- She faced a _____ about turning in her friend for cheating.
- The villagers sacrificed a *_____* to try to _____ their angry god. (*___* = Previous vocab word.)
- The amount of work required in an Honors class can be quite _____.
- The dream was so ____ that I fell out of bed trying to fly.
- inspiring : daunting :: stable : ______
- (Bonus. One answer only.) skinflint : benevolent :: ______ : easy
- (Bonus: Give an example of a saw. (Nothing about apples!)
Vocabulary RELAY is back!