- Joe and the llama rode a tandem bike to the pizza place. a) S b) CD c) CX
- While Joe likes pizza, the llama prefers sushi. a) S b) CD c) CX
- They agreed to compromise, and they ate sushi pizza. a) S b) CD c) CX
- Neither Joe nor the llama enjoyed it very much. a) S b) CD c) CX
- If I had a hammer, I’d hammer in the morning. a) S b) CD c) CX
- Claudio ate several hotdogs, went on a ride, and ate several more. a) S b) CD c) CX
- Bonus: Write all 7 FANBOYS without looking.
- Bonus: Which type of sentence is usually preferred in good writing, compound or complex? Why?
- ____. (Bonus: Who is this?)
- ____. (Bonus: There are 7 types of this. Which one of these is this an example of? a) name-calling b) testimonial c) bandwagon d) plain folks)
- The Nuremberg laws _____(ed) the Jews of the right to vote and be citizens.
- The Nazi _______ included racial purity.
- A heart attack is a(n) ____ sign of an ongoing disease.
- His accent was a(n) ____; he wasn’t really from France.
- (see #8) He just thought it made him sound _______.
- The camp counselors enforced the rules with too much ______, so it wasn’t fun.
- “I like turtles” is funny because the line is such a(n) _____.
- The Queen of England has ______ but no real power.
- *** (2) A _____ is a type of _____ remark.