“S/CD/CX, 1/25.” For 1-8, please write S, CD, or CX. Write the answer, not the letter, for 9-10.
- Joe waited for the llama to arrive, but she was late.
- If you don’t want to upset the llama, please don’t hug her.
- Rudolpho was upset because his llama ate the last of the cheeselog.
- The crew checked the llama and prepared it for sea.
- Irwin and his llama ate some tortilla soup with some fries on the side.
- We can wait here until Carlos calls us.
- We must repair the dam, or the water will rush through.
- If we don’t repair the dam, the water will rush through.
- The FANBOYS are all a type of… a) noun b) clause c) phrase d) adverb e) NOTA
- A clause must contain… a) a subject and a verb b) a conjunction and a noun c) a verb and a conjunction d) a noun, a verb and a conjunction e) NOTA
“Vocab, 1/25.” (15p)
- Give the antonym for this guy’s look. ______
- (2) Figure #2 shows the effects of sleep _____(ation) which is very ____ in today’s society.
- During the Nazi occupation of Poland there was a(n) ______ shortage of food and other necessities in the Jewish community. (Not prevalent.)
- (2) The transfer of the 1936 Olympics to another country would have damaged Germany’s _____, so they enforced their racist laws with less _____ during that time.
- First period seems to like to interrupt the class with various ______(s) and random questions.
- The con man _____(ly) convinced the old lady that he was in love with her in order to steal her money.
- During the period between Mardis Gras and Easter, you are supposed to _____ yourself of something you like. It’s supposed to be a difficult thing to do. (Bonus: What is this period of time called? Bonus 2: What does Mardis Gras mean?)
- (4) Their _____(ous) _______ helped make the Nazi’s racist _______ _______ all over Germany. (Oooh, tough one.)
“Vladek Quiz, 1/25.” (9p) Please identify the following in a sentence or two. The numbers indicate how many facts to include.
- The tin shop.
- (3) Ilzecki
- Stara Sosnowiec
- (3) Vladek’s black market businesses
- The Gemeinde