- He didn’t want to embarrass the cat. — Add an independent clause to make a COMPOUND sentence.
- I read the bulletin about llamas. — Add a dependent clause to make a COMPLEX sentence.
- The goat went fishing. — Add another subject and verb, BUT keep the sentence SIMPLE.
- It would be _____ of a dishwasher to tell the master chef how to do things.
- All her emotions were released in a ___ moment on the stage as 20,000 people cheered.
- Much of the agriculture in the rest of the world is made up of _____(ence) farms, that barely grow enough food for the family working on it.
- MacGyver could ____ together almost anything from a bomb to a hang-glider from bits of trash he found lying around.
- The athlete was ___ about the use of steroids. He knew they were harmful, but they helped his performance.
- After the long siege, the city knew it was ____ to resist any longer…
- …and they finally _____(ed) to the stronger army.
- Though he came from a very religious family, he was still _____ about organized religion; he wasn’t sure what to think.
Vladek in his own words, p111.
Vladek Quiz. ID. (8)
- (2) Last page of “Prisoner on the Hell Planet, panel 3, the woman.
- (2) p109, panel 4, the man talking.
- (2) p115, panel 3, the person with his arms crossed.