Spot-checking KBARR: Let’s spin the Wheel of Decision to see who reads responses aloud!
“Warm Up, 2/28. Period One. Test 18.
- We climbed slowly up the very steep hill. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- After I ate a doughnut, I felt rapturous. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- Maybe the mall where the store was charged a high rent. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- A clause is a group of words that contains a _____ and a _____. a) noun/conjunction b) subject/noun c) predicate/verb d) subject/verb e) NOTA
- Why did Vladek’s father always try to keep him and his brothers out of the army? a) He hated the Polish army. b) He sympathized with the Nazis. c) Because of his father’s experience with the Russian army. d) He was against war in general. e) NOTA
“Warm Up, 2/28. Period Two. Test 6.
- The adventurer’s ____(s) made for a great novel. a) sullen b) smolder c) exploit d) siege e) circumvent
- The dress code forbids ____ clothing. a) considerable b) sufficient c) valid d) ambiguous e) skimpy
- With a sword in one hand and a shield in the the other. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- Herds of fiendish llamas called dooms roam the empty countryside. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- In The Outsiders, the scene in the burning church would be considered part of the _____ of the story. a) climax b) inciting action c) exposition d) rising action e) NOTA
“Warm Up, 2/28. Period Three. Test 5.
- Cheerios : ___ :: #25489 : ___ a) serial/cereal b) cereal/cerial c) cerial/serial d) cereal/serial
- most important : ___ :: administrator : ___ a) princapal/princaple b) principal/principle c) principle/principal d) principal/principal
- I did not want to be ___(ed); I felt I was savvy enough to make my own decisions. a) reluctant b) discreet c) reluctant d) vain e) patronize
- S. E. Hinton says that she didn’t have the ____ to be a teacher. a) patronize b) elicit c) hysterical d) stamina e) mimic
- The part where he tastes the Green Eggs and Ham. _____ a) exposition b) inciting incident c) rising action d) climax e) NOTA
“Warm Up, 2/28. Period Six. Test 19.
- inspiring : daunting :: stable : ______ a) pacified b) volatile c) skinflint d) pragmatic e) NOTA
- They tried to _____ the angry mob by telling them their concerns would be addressed. a) aspire b) saw c) volatile d) pacify e) NOTA
- After the llama chased Julia inside, she watched TV. a) simple sentence b) fragment c) complex sentence
- The llama is a quadruped with a beak for eating and fins for swimming. a) simple sentence b) fragment c) complex sentence
- Across the street from his house was a tepee. a) simple sentence b) fragment c) complex sentence
- Wow, that’s _____.
- If you search more systematically, instead of so ____(ly), you will be more likely to find whatever you’re looking for.
- During the summer, without something to do, some kids can get very _____ and end up not doing much of anything.
- After she fell, she got up and tested her leg _____(ly) to see if it would support her weight.
- She was always very _____ about her work. That’s why she got A’s.
- Many rappers “sing” the praises of “bling” and _____ consumption.
- The _____ student copied his essay from the internet.
Dah Givah Book Check and Q/A.
“Dah Givah ch. 1 and 2.” Write the answer. Open book. NOT collaborative.
- (quote) What mistake in language did Asher make?
- (quote) How does Jonas feel about his upcoming ceremony of 12?
- (2) What are the only two times being released is not a punishment?
- Why does everyone know that Lily’s comment about keeping Gabriel has to be a joke?
- What rule did Jonas’s father break?
- What rule gets broken all the time?
- What happens at the ceremony of 12?
- How is that decision made?
- We are in the ______ of the story. a) exposition b) rising action c) inciting incident d) falling action e) NOTA
- Nature and wildlife are an important part of the community. a) True b) False
Read? Or work on interviews?