“Clauses, 2/1.” 1-5: S,CD,CX? 6-8: Answer not letter.
- When Zoltan lost his wallet, even the llama helped him look for it.
- As part of his occupation, Ziggy had a llama with a leather jacket that anyone could see was fake.
- Since Zinny didn’t want to embarrass the llama, she didn’t act affectionate.
- Zora’s doctor recommended buying a goat and going water-skiing.
- It seemed essential to eat broccoli, but Zeke watched tv instead.
- Words like although, because, since, and if at the beginning of a clause make that clause _____. a) dependent b) independent c) a sentence d) compound e) NOTA
- And if a sentence has that kind of clause in it, it’s a _______ sentence. a) S b) CD c) CX
- So sentences that begin with the word if will always be ______. a) S b) CD c) CX
- *There used to be a TV show called The ____ Gourmet which showed you how to eat well without spending a lot of money.
- Art Spiegelman once published magazines of ____ comics like “The Prisoner on the Hell Planet.”
- The diplomats rushed to ______ together a treaty before everyone changed his mind.
- Horror movies are sort of ________ for many people.
- “I never knew a person more _____ than myself. The fact that I say that shows what I say is true.”
- Artie says Richieu’s picture on the wall of his parents’ room was a sort of _____ to him, implying that Richieu would have been a better son than he is.
- (2) She tried to stay awake during math, but it was ______, and she finally ______(ed) to the sleepiness and nodded off.
120 Seconds (in some classes).
Correct Vladek Quiz from yesterday.
Vladek aloud. Upcoming questions:
- What happened to the guy who turned Vladek’s family into the Gestapo?
- What saved Vladek’s life on p120?
- Besides Haskell, who else did Vladek call a kombinator? ___________
- Who paid Vladek to give him advice? _____________
- What happens to Pesach?
- Why are the roads on p127 shaped like a swastika?
- (quote) Why is Artie worried about portraying Vladek as he really is?
- (quote) What frustrates Mala so much about Vladek?
- (quote) Why is Anja’s tail showing on page 138?