Tomorrow’s Test: S/CD/CX, vocab, Husker Du, Vladek.
Let’s see those interview questions!
- Prepare your questions in advance. Ask open ended questions.
- Don’t conduct an interview, have a conversation.
- Have Energy!
- Ask before you record.
- Ziggy ate a doughnut. –Add a phrase that describes the doughnut AND a dependent clause to make a complex sentence. (
- The llama ran to Mom. –Add an independent clause to make a compound sentence.
- Although Vladek… –Copy and complete the sentence starter. What kind of sentence did you end up with?
- (2) Combine the following two sentences into one. First as a compound sentence, then as a complex sentence.
- We took the skinheads bowling.
- The llama stayed at home alone.
- _____ (It’s a paper clip. The subheading says, “The only tool you’ll ever need.”)
- She blamed him for the incident and always looked at him with _______ afterwards.
- Vladek _____(es) Artie for using too many wooden matches…
- …because he is too “_____” to buy them.
- During the TV marathon, we _____(ed) for two days on chips and pizza.
- Sometimes it’s tough to not ______ to peer pressure.
- In The Outsiders, when we referred to a facade, we were saying that the person was _____(ing) about their true feelings.
- The prefix of this word means before. ______
- The root of this word means “to clean out.” _____
Maus: Behind the scenes. The original 3-page story.
Vladek Quiz, 2/2.” ???
- What happened to the guy who turned Vladek’s family into the Gestapo?
- What saved Vladek’s life on p120?
- “(quote) What is a kombinator?
- What is the latest cause of Anja’s breakdown on p124?
- What happens to Pesach?
- Why are the roads on p127 shaped like a swastika?
- (quote) Why is Artie worried about portraying Vladek as he really is?