Tomorrow’s Test: Vocab + SAWs, FROs, SC, Outsiders, Husker Du.
Checking Pink Sheet: FROs Side 2, Part B.
1.”Don’t blame me! I don’t make the laws, I just _____them!”
2. “What’s a _____, Joey?” “I knew you were going to say that!”
3. It was Ug’s discovery, but it would be____(ed) by others.
4. “Finding work may not make you happy, but it would make me _____(ly) happy.”
5. I was _____ and bored when Mom made me go to my sister’s ballet recital.
6. Dally’s [_____] ______(s) have landed him in jail more than once. [ ] = one of last week’s vocab words = extra credit.
7. The school newspaper has been __ for a long while, but they hope to revive it next year.
8. Grandpa Simpson likes to ____ about his days as a young man when things were better.
9. The greasers and the Socs have agreed to a sort of _____-fire before the rumble. They have agreed not to fight until the big one.
10. The large farm owners are often accused of ____(ing) the workers who pick the crops.
11. * If you want to stay on top of your grade, you should take the ______, and check Powerschool regularly, and talk to the teacher if you see a problem.
Correct Pink Sheet, Side 2, Part A. (5p)
NEW! Sentence Scrambles. Use every word. Do not break up the pieces any more. Rearrange until you get the right-sounding one. Write it down.
1a. as we roared
1b. Dally cussed
1c. and nearly tore out
1d. out of the Dairy Queen
1e. under his breath
1f. the transmission of the T-bird
2a. looked up from his scrambled eggs
2b. once upon a sunny morning
2c. who sat in a breakfast nook
2d. quietly nibbling the roses
2e. with a gold horn
2f. a man
2g. to see a white unicorn
2h. in the garden
Test Preview: Lightning Round! 10 Questions from tomorrow’s test! Earn at least 8 for extra credit!
- The adventurer’s ____(s) made for a great novel. a) sullen b) smolder c) exploit d) siege e) circumvent f) NOTA
- It is sometimes fun to ___ a little brother or sister’s lack of savvy. a) exploit b) cease c) juvenile d) delirious e) circumvent f) NOTA
- obey : ignore :: predict : ______ a) siege b) circumvent c) sullen d) reminisce e) delirious f) NOTA
- The strange life of the llama. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- Why would Johnny be “having the time of his life” in the church? a) He wants to pay back for what he did to Bob. b) He feels needed for the first time. c) He likes little kids. d) He thinks the cops will go easy on him. e) He secretly wants to die. f) NOTA
- Johnny’s behavior (not scared, having fun, very decisive) inside the burning church is both ironic and not ironic. a) True b) False
- What do we learn about Dally when he talks to Johnny about jail? a) Dally is proud of his past. b) Dally is cold and mean. c) Dally has jail savvy. d) Dally cares about something. e) NOTA
- The curtain opened the show began. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- The scene in the burning church would be considered part of the _____ of the story. a) climax b) inciting action c) exposition d) rising action e) falling action f) resolution