“Vocabulary Review, 10/31.” If you can’t come up with the correct vocabulary word, fill in the blank with any word that makes sense in the sentence.
- Even though he may not be “book-smart” he has a lot of ____ about the world.
- Since I studied, I _____(ed) myself quite well on the test.
- The paper said that the business man was an ____ to society…
- …but ____(ly), he was secretly a gangster.
- My parents were a little _____ about the crowd I was hanging out with.
- At first, Pony thought he might be able to ____ the Socs by acting tough.
- It was very (in)____ to cheat on a test and then brag.
- S. E. Hinton says that she didn’t have the ____ to be a teacher. The kids’ problems wore her out.
- The quarterback ____(ed) every weakness in the defense and threw for 5 touchdowns.
- At the family reunion, we sat around ___(ing) about the last reunion.
- It would be ironic if a poor hobo spent his last dollar on a lottery ticket, and won. a) True b) False
- ______ 13. _____ 14. _____ 15. “I’m not _____; I’m ignoring you.”
Correct RBC — Product Information. (7p)
“RBC Quiz #1.” (7p) Write the answer, not the letter.
- The medicine is labeled for use in all these cases, except… a) flu. b) common cold c) aches and pains d) headache e) It is labeled for all these.
- For up to how many days can this medicine be taken for a headache? a) 1 b) 3 c) 10 d) 14 e) It doesn’t say.
- This is an OTC drug, as opposed to a prescription one. What does OTC mean?
- This drug can be used to reduce swelling. a) True b) False
- Who should not take the tablets at all?
- Since this is an OTC drug, it can be considered completely safe. a) True b) False
- As it is used on the label, what does the word Indications [A] mean?
“TMA 10-11, 10/31.” Use complete sentences.
- (p66) Why does Alyce tell Edward to be sure to tell the people at the manor about how Jane delivered the “Lady Agnes’s stubborn son”?
- (p69) What turns out to be the reason Emma Blunt’s baby wasn’t coming out?
- (quote – 70) The real reason Alyce leaves the village is that she…
Bonus: What is it?
Corpus Bones = Christ’s bones = OMG
clodpole = foolish or clumsy person
nincompoop = fool
lackwit/nitwit = idiot