in fact, consequently, because, furthermore, instead, for example, nevertheless
A vegetarian can be defined as someone who does not eat meat, fish, or other animal products, such as eggs or cheese; 1) _____, he or she eats vegetables, fruits, grains, and seeds. 2) _____ this diet consists of non-meat food sources, a vegetarian typically consumes less fat and cholesterol than an individual who consumes meat. 3) _____, raising animals for food uses valuable land, water, and energy. 4) _____, adopting a vegetarian diet helps conserve the valuable resources that our future depends on.
- (2) _____ and ______
- “Quick, Bartlett! ______ them with hope!”
- “It’s times like these we really need to roll up our sleeves, rally together, and find a _____.”
- Everybody has _______(s) that other people might find weird.
- Patience with the ways of nature had been ____(ed) in her by her park ranger father.
- The root of this word means sleep: _____
- The prefix of this word means across or through: _____
- (2) The prefix of these words means not: _____ (Not instill; that one means “into.”)
- “S’up?” is an example of _______ language.
- In professional sports, the coach is often the _______for a team’s bad performance, even if it isn’t always his fault.
integrate, export, efficient, symbolic, domestic
- You will have to _____ graphs and illustration into your research report.
- Over 80% of the world’s almonds are ____(ed) from California.
“The Monsters are Due on Maple Street.” p415.
Discuss in your group:
- What is the purpose of fear? (Why do we get scared?)
- Why do we like it sometimes? (Don’t say, “It’s fun.” Duh.)
- What are (most) humans scared of?
- “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” Meaning? (Bonus: Who said that famous quote?)