Have a great 4-day weekend! Grades start over next week with the new semester!
Use your own sheet of paper.
Prep sheet for “Test” #18:
Name: Date: Period:
SAWs: ___/11 Maus Quiz: ___/12 KBARR: ___/30
- What famous fictional character is represented here? ants, beetles, termites, rabbit
- A man walks into a room, turns around and walks out the same door he went in. When he gets out he is in a different room than when he started. How is this possible?
- What number should come next? 144, 121, 100, 81, 64, _____ (Alert: math.)
- Spell the word candy with just 2 letters.
- How many F’s (capital or small–no trick here) are in the following sentence? (Alert: Counting.)
Finished files are the result of years of scientific study combined with the experience of years.
“Test” #18. (17p)
contact, prime, pose, minimum, (un)monitored, anthropomorphic, propaganda
- There has been a lot of discussion recently about raising the _____ wage.
- The _____ reason is that most people can’t live on so little money.
- No matter what anybody tells you, there has never been any _____ with any extra-terrestrials. Other planets are just too far away.
- Everybody assumes that any extra-terrestrial life we meet will be _______, but it’s more likely it won’t look anything like us.
- The teacher _____ the students’ behavior with a hidden camera.
- Hitler’s _____ campaign against Jews included speeches, posters and movies.
- To get past the guard, the spy____(ed) as a delivery man.
- It was very sad that the young man was killed in the _____ of his life.
- Ponyboy was not as _____ as people would think. His oldest brother made sure he always knew what Pony was doing.
- Mr. Coward ____(ed) a question almost nobody could answer.
Maus, chapter 1
- Why does Anja try to break the engagement with Vladek?
- (quote) What promise to his father does Artie break?
Maus chapter 2
- Why does Vladek threaten to break the engagement with Anja?
- (p30) Why are the police drawn as pigs?
- (2) When Anja gets _____, the treatment is to take her to a _____.
- What is the first foreshadowing Vladek gets of the troubles that are coming?