Checking definitions and 1-1-1 KBARR.
- ____. (Bonus: Who is this?)
- The Nuremberg laws _____(ed) the Jews of the right to vote and be citizens.
- The Nazi _____ included racial purity.
- A heart attack is a(n) ____ sign of an ongoing disease.
- His accent was a(n) ____; he wasn’t really from France.
- (see #8) He just thought it made him sound _______.
- The camp counselors were too ____ in enforcing the rules, so it wasn’t much fun.
- “I like turtles” is funny because the line is such a(n) _____.
- The Queen of England has ____ but no real power.
- * Loyalty is a(n) ______ quality of dogs. That’s how they are.
- * In today’s society, information is also a _____ that is bought and sold.
“Simple and Compound Sentences.” COPY.
Simple Sentence (S) = I
Compound Sentence (CD) = I + I, joined by a comma and one of the FANBOYS (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so)
Complex Sentence (CX) = I + D or D + I, joined by although, since, because, while, when, if, etc.)
“S/CD/CX, 1/23.” Write S, CD, or CX for each sentence.
- The llama is a quadruped with a beak for eating and fins for swimming.
- I like turtles because they are cute.
- I sent the llama to the store before the party started.
- Katy tried to call me, but my phone was dead.
- Across the street from his house was a teepee.
- You would like it if you were a bird.
- Herbie the llama ate some grass, and it gave him gas.
- He failed the test after he ignored the warning.
- He forget to practice, yet he still did well.
- Since Jenni ate the hot dog, she got sick