Checking 1-1-1 and definitions.
- It would be _____ of a dishwasher to tell the master chef how to do things.
- All her emotions were released in a ___ moment on the stage as 20,000 people cheered.
- Much of the agriculture in the rest of the world is made up of _____(ence) farms, that barely grow enough food for the family working on it.
- MacGyver could ____ together almost anything from a bomb to a hang-glider from bits of trash he found lying around.
- The athlete was ___ about the use of steroids. He knew they were harmful, but they helped his performance.
- After the long siege, the city knew it was ____ to resist any longer…
- …and they finally _____(ed) to the stronger army.
- Though he came from a very religious family, he was still _____ about organized religion; he wasn’t sure what to think.
- * She tried to _____her grandson’s strange behavior by blaming it on the boy’s father.
|Dependent Clause Starters
“S/CD/CX (again), 1/30.” Write out the whole sentence for each one following the directions.
- His dog is named Snakefinder. — Add a dependent clause to make a COMPLEX (CX) sentence. (Hint: dependent clause starter)
- The UFO landed. — Add an independent clause to make a COMPOUND (CD) sentence. (Hint: comma + FANBOYS)
- Suddenly a llama appeared. — Add a phrase that describes how the llama appeared or what kind of llama it was or both, BUT keep the sentence SIMPLE (S). (Hint: phrase starter)
Audio: Vladek in his own words, p110-111.
“VLADEK Quiz, 1/30.”
- ID: Srodula
- ID: bunker
- What happened to the guy who turned Vladek’s family into the Gestapo? (Bonus for being very specific.)
- What saved Vladek’s life on p120?
- “(quote) What is a kombinator?
- What is the latest cause of Anja’s breakdown on p124?