Tomorrow’s Test: Vocab + SAWs, S/CD/CX/Sentence Combo/Husker Du, Vladek
1. _____ 2. _____ 3. _____ 4. _____ 5. _____ 6. _____ 7. _____ (No, not hypochondria.)
8._______(ion) is another word for slavery.
9. Mrs. Krabapple on The Simpsons was a ______ who always thought she had the disease she was reading about or saw on tv
10. (2) The ______ customers needed someone to _____ for them to get their money back.
11. *Using a weapon in the _____ of a crime will increase your sentence.
LIGHTNING ROUND: S/CD/CX!
a) S b) CD c) CX Get 7 or more points for bonus credit!
- It seemed essential to eat broccoli, but I watched tv instead.
- His doctor recommended buying a goat and going water-skiing.
- He thought he was OK until he wasn’t.
- Rudolpho was upset when his mom ate the cheeselog.
- Vladek and Mandelbaum were sold out by the smugglers, and they were caught.
- Though he knew it was a mistake, he ate the doughnut anyway.
- You must say, “Sir” when you say, “Mr. Coward.”
- The crew checked the llama and prepared it for the sea.
- We can wait here until Carlos calls us.
Work on Interview/Profile. (Last 20 minutes.)
Go get a Chromie! Begin Writing Biographical Sketch/Profile. The final draft is due next Thursday, 2/15.
NOT PREPARED TODAY? Do extra credit vocab sentences in your notebook…except they aren’t extra credit. Due tomorrow.
- Introduction: Setting. Description of scene/setting. How it was set up. Why you chose this person. Relationship to this person.
- Description of person. Show, don’t tell.
- Looks. (Details.)
- Voice and choice of words. Delivery.
- Personality. (Bitter? Enthusiastic? Happy? Lost in memories? Crabby? What?)
- The intro/description should be 350-400+ words.
- Questions you asked, followed by answers and follow up.
- You may summarize their answers, but please include at least three good quotes (word for word, as close as you can get) that use the person’s actual words.
- Conclusion: Discuss what you learned, most surprising info, most interesting, change in attitude toward older people, etc. About 75-100+ words.
- Come up with a creative title that sums up the interview.
- Please print it and then share it with me.
- Extra Credit: pics.