“Commas, 2/14.” Place commas in each sentence that needs them and give the reason/rule from the list. Some might need more than one comma for more than one reason. Some might be ok as is. For #9: Combine into one smooth sentence with proper punctuation.
- We waited in a long line to climb to the top of the giant wheel of cheese but it was a disappointment.
- Quiet little Johnny who wouldn’t hurt a living thing on purpose had taken a human life.
- This easy fun exercise will help you I believe with your llama woes.
- Eddie Baby please ask your dog to leave the cat alone.
- Rachel Ray finds inspiration in cooking her family and her dog.
- Until I ate that doughnut I didn’t know happiness.
- I listened to the llama’s story and I was sad.
- I didn’t want to wake you up until I had to.
- You must report it. You are in a car accident. There is no damage.
- He was a ______ opponent and very tough to outwit.
- The old photographs were all ______(ed) to the attic because nobody looked at them any more.
- Jean is very _____ about her silverware; she won’t eat at that restaurant because she thinks the forks aren’t clean enough.
- He tried to _____ himself into the “cool crowd” by hanging around them A LOT.
- Some people see boxing as legally ______(ed) violence.
- This word’s roots mean “to bend/lean inward.” ______
- Now that he had found religion, the former criminal wanted ______ for the things he had done.
- I didn’t like his ____(ion) that I wasn’t good enough to make the team.
- (2) He fooled his pursuers with a _____ trick that he ______(ed) on the spot.
Interviews! When you have finished (and proofread) your interview essay:
- Share your document with me. Make sure you also share with “anybody with a link,” so everyone else can read it too.
- Use the little grid my your picture in Chrome and open Google Classroom.
- Join this class by using this code: gp2xbt
- Click the Plus sign (+).
- Give your essay a groovy title and click on the Google docs icon and choose your finished essay.
- Go back to your document and print it. PRINT LINK.
- Staple and put into the essay basket.
- Congratulate yourself on a job well done.
- How does Pavel try to show Artie what Auschwitz felt like?
- What makes Art shrink down again on p207?
- What’s a barrack (aka: a block)?
- Why does the tin shop foreman, Yidl, dislike Vladek?
- What does Vladek do to change Yidl’s opinion?
- What was Appel?