Tomorrow’s Test: Commas (bring your pink sheet), Vocab, Husker Du Clauses, Vladek
“Commas, 2/15.” Insert commas, give reasons. Some need more than one comma for more than one reason.
- The wild llama in fact is a vicious predator.
- She wanted to tame the wild llama but it was too much for her.
- There was a very ancient ancestor to the llama which had giant razor-sharp claws.
- If you come to the party please don’t wear white people.
- I asked the llama my BFF about the party.
- I didn’t know whether he wanted a hamburger chicken or taco salad for lunch.
- “Are you _____(ing) that I’m a liar?”
- We ran out of the ingredients for the recipe, so we had to ______.
- The Nuremberg Laws ____(ed) Jews to second-rate status.
- Years of work were needed for the CIA agent to _____ himself into the terrorist organization.
- After three warnings, Joel was _____(ed) to the “naughty chair.”
- The students in the MP are far from _____ when it comes to cleaning up after themselves at break and lunch.
- The annoying kids taunted the dog over the fence until he was _____(ed) enough to jump it.
- Mr. Coward does not ____ the use of phones in class.
- Some people think that the Narnia series is a religious _________, with Aslan the lion representing Christ.
- Which one is the allegory? a) Using animals instead of people in Maus. b) The early bird gets the worm. c) “The Boy Who Cried Wolf” d) He slept like a rock. e) B and D. f) All are allegories. g) None are allegories.
Completed Interview due TOMORROW!
When you have finished (and proofread) your interview essay:
- Share your document with me. Make sure you also share with “anybody with a link,” so everyone else can read it too.
- Use the little grid my your picture in Chrome and open Google Classroom.
- Join this class by using this code: gp2xbt
- Click the Plus sign (+).
- Give your essay a groovy title and click on the Google docs icon and choose your finished essay.
- Go back to your document and print it. PRINT LINK.
- Staple and put into the essay basket.
- Congratulate yourself on a job well done.