Copy homework into planner.
“Commas, 2/20!” Write ok if no commas are needed. Bonus: What is the symbol called that you use to show where a missing comma goes?
- If you don’t already know today we’re going to learn to cut and paste kids!
- Lloyd the Llama author of a best-selling book and renowned rocket scientist was awarded the prestigious Nobel Prize for Poetry.
- The llama that she rode to the wedding looked very pretty.
- The llama jerky was soft but satisfying.
- Because the llama missed the bus he was late for his very important appointment.
- Please no smoking food or beverages in the classroom!
- Most of the time travelers worry about their luggage getting lost.
- I played video games for hours with my friend the llama.
- Sid waited for the llama to arrive so he could get a ride in his hot new Camaro.
Correct/Recollect Test #23.
Listening Exercise: Art Spiegelman interview excerpt. (1:30-3:07)
Questions to listen for answers for. Take notes now; quiz tomorrow.
- What do you think the opening quote about the 5000 pound mouse means?
- How does Spiegelman feel about Maus being taught everywhere in schools?
- According to Spiegelman, what is the real purpose of Maus?
- Why does he say comics are an especially good form for showing memories?
- What do you think the word ubiquitous means?