Spot-Checking 1-1-1’s: I will randomly decide who will read theirs out loud to us!
Also checking vocab defns.
“Husker Du, 2/27.” Write the answer not the letter!
Period One: Test #16.
a) vivid b) saw c) aspire d) pacify e) daunting f) diminutive g) pragmatic h) volatile i) dilemma j) iconic
- You may _______ to someday be as cool as Mr. Coward. (Good luck with that.)
- Doing your homework every day before playing video games is a _______ strategy for success.
- Sixth Period tried to ____ Mr. Coward’s anger with cookies.
- inspiring : daunting :: stable : ______
- Reading Shakespeare for the first time can be rather ______.
Period Two: Test #19.
- When you use a dependent clause as a sentence, that mistake is called a(n) ____. a) independent clause b) run-on c) fragment d) phrase e) NOTA
- True/False Dependent clauses usually begin with words such as and, but, or.
- Jill drove the car out to the llama’s house. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- We climbed slowly up the very steep hill. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- How does Vladek make money after he loses his factory? a) He takes bribes. b) He works for the Germans c) He steals. d) He manages to get a job with the Jewish aid organization. e) NOTA
Period Three: Test #7.
a) adversary b) aplomb c) banish d) grueling e) perceive f) disdain g) dispel h) engross i) diminish j) exhilarate
- She speaks French and German with equal ______.
- It was a(n) _____ roller coaster ride we exited with smiles on our faces.
- We sat there, _____(ed) in his fascinating shipwreck tale.
- There are shells all over the beach, let’s collect some! a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- What is Pony’s main motivation for wanting to be in the rumble? a) Revenge for Johnny. b) He likes to fight. c) To prove himself to Sodapop. d) Loyalty to the gang. e) All of the above. f) NOTA
Period Five: Test #15.
a) distraught b) keen c) aptitude d) chastise e) nurture f) distinguish g) disquieting h) disposition, i) empathy j) civics
- The waiter was _____(ed) for forgetting the customer’s order.
- “Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.” _______
- ______ concerns things like government and civil rights
- The competition at the state level was very ______.
- The mom was _______ when she couldn’t find her toddler in the crowd.
- Wow, that’s _____.
- If you search more systematically, instead of so ____(ly), you will be more likely to find whatever you’re looking for.
- During the summer, without something to do, some kids can get very _____ and end up not doing much of anything.
- After she fell, she got up and tested her leg _____(ly) to see if it would support her weight.
- She was always very _____ about her work. That’s why she got A’s.
- Many rappers “sing” the praises of “bling” and _____ consumption.
- The _____ student copied his essay from the internet.
- * Which SAW from this week is (sometimes) similar in meaning to our vocab word relinquish.
“Dah Givah, chapter 1 and 2.” Write the answer. Open book. NOT collaborative.
- What mistake in language did Asher make? (Use the words.)
- (quote) How does Jonas feel about his upcoming ceremony of 12?
- (2) What are the only two times being released is not a punishment?
- Why does everyone know that Lily’s comment about keeping Gabriel has to be a joke?
- What rule did Jonas’s father break?
- What rule gets broken all the time?
- What happens at the ceremony of 12?
- How is that decision made?
- We are in the ______ of the story. a) exposition b) rising action c) inciting incident d) falling action e) NOTA