Prep sheet for Test #30:
TS KBARR: ___/20 TS Quizzes: ___/6 ___/6
Vocab h/w: ___/20 Vocab Practice: ___/13 ___/13 ___/10
Other Extra Credit: +3,+2, or +1 for each Gramma that had 9+ correct.
- What sort of story begins with a limb and ends with a finish?
- Two men got lost while exploring in the desert. Each man had a compass. One headed due East, and the other headed due West. Two hours later, they met. How?
- Following are groups of three words. Can you figure out the common link within each group? Example: Hurricane, potato, needle, (answer: eyes)
a) computer, onion dip, poker game
b) bowling alley, dress-maker, wrestling match
c) dentist, oil field, basketball practice
d) April, locker room, brides-to-be
e) pelican, legislature, person in debt
- Make the matchstick dawg face the other way by moving only 2 matches. His tail must still point up!
- There was a road around a circular lake. A man and his brother each started in the same place and drove around the lake at exactly the same speed, but in opposite directions. The first brother went clockwise around the lake at 40 mph, and the trip took him an hour and 20 minutes. The second brother went counterclockwise around the lake–also at exactly 40 mph–but his trip only took him 80 minutes. Each traveled exactly the same distance: 53.33 miles. How is that possible?
TEST CORRECTION in GRAMMAR SECTION:
CHOICE G should be INTERJECTION, not Preposition.
Doodle Theme: Prank.