Checking definitions and study questions.
“Gramma, 5/1.” noun, verb, pronoun, adjective, adverb, conjunction, interjection
- The main one in a sentence is also known as the predicate.
- Answers the questions how, where, or when.
- Answers the questions which one, what kind, how many.
- A connecting word that joins words, phrases, or clauses.
- A substitute for a noun.
- A word of surprise or strong emotion.
- Often ends in -ly.
- Has a past, present, and future.
- Describes adjectives and adverbs.
- Describes nouns.
- We were very suspicious of the dark alley, so we were ______ when we approached it.
- A person who is _________ is probably not going to be a good friend, since he/she probably won’t be very reliable.
- The searchers _____(ed) the cave, looking for the lost hikers. (Bonus: What are cave explorers called?)
- The groovy little cabin was ______ and funky, but it wasn’t very comfortable.
- The teacher ______(ed) the use of notes on the test, so you better have studied.
- The root of this word means to touch. _____
- One reason that few people vote is because many are ______ about politics and government.
- Tom ______(ed) his body, looking for an ailment that might get him out of school.
- He ate a _____ number of hot dogs in the contest, so he won. (70 in 10 minutes. Including buns.)
Work on Book Pitch.
- You need to read this book because…
- Jimmy is a boy who…
- _____ is the story of…
- Picture this: You’re a girl, trapped in…
- First of all, I’ve read this book at least 10 times, and…
- The best thing about this book is..
- Read a cliffhanger quote…
- I couldn’t stop thinkning about this book because…
- What makes this book different from others I’ve read is…
You need about 150-200 words, depending on how fast you talk. I want to see at least 1/2 of those today.
“Tom Sawyer Ch. 12, 5/1.” (7p)
- Tom finally stopped thinking about the murder for a while, because…?
- (2) Why did Aunt Polly start giving Tom all those treatments? She thought he was _____, but he was really ______.
- (2) Why did Aunt Polly think Tom had been taking the Painkiller all that time? What was he really doing with it?
- What does Tom do when Becky finally comes back to school?
- (Quote.) What’s her reaction?
“A Pirate Bold to Be!”