Tomorrow’s Test: Gamma, Vocab, Tom Sawyer
“OG, 5/3.” (10) Copy the underlined, boldfaced word and tell what part of speech it is.
noun, pronoun, verb, adjective, adverb, interjection, conjunction
- (2) I thought the movie was rather cheesy.
- (2) I am sure you know better. (Tricky!)
- (2) Surely you do not think unicorns are really real, do you?
- (2) Your clock was running a little fast. (Tricky!)
- The running motor wasted electricity.
- Her favorite thing in the world is running.
- The NFL head coach’s position is often rather ______. If the team doesn’t do well this season, he might lose his job.
- The class discussion was not very lively; the students were rather _______ about the topic.
- The boys _____(ed) matter inwardly, thinking about all the possibilities.
- doctor : prescribe :: law : ______
- Huck’s lifestyle seemed very _______ to the other boys of St. Petersburg.
- By definition, a ghost would not be ______.
- proscribed : allowed :: apathetic : ______
- The stirring event was well ______(ed)” by the townspeople the next day.
- (2) A true sports fan is NOT _____ or ______.
- BONUS: There is a fine line between being patronizing and being _______.
“Tom Sawyer, chapter 14.”
- (2) What was the “boom” the “pirates” kept hearing and why did it make them feel happy at first?
- (2) What did Tom do before he left camp? What do you think he wrote?
- Why are the boys consciences bothering them at the end of chapter 14? (Different reason from the guilt at the end of chapter 13.)
Next round is Tuesday.