Prep sheet for Test #2.
Adjectives: ___/5 ___/6 ___/5 KBAR: ___/40 (10 + 10 + 10 + 10)
Outsiders Quizzes: ___/6 ___/8
Vocabulary Homework: ____/20 Vocabulary Practices: ___/11 ___/12 ___/11
Other Extra Credit:
Period 2 gets +3 for “vocab relay.”
All other classes get +1 for “vocab relay.”
If you knew “Kal El” = +1.
If you knew “quadruped” = +1.
- A boat has a ladder hanging off the side that has six rungs. Each rung is one foot apart. The bottom rung is one foot from the water. The tide rises at 12 inches every 15 minutes. High tide peaks in one hour. When the tide is at its highest, how many rungs are under water?
- Show how it is possible to name the capital of each and every one of the United States in less than a minute.
- Which is correct, “bigger of two halves” or “biggest of two halves”?
- Johnny’s mother had four children. The first was April, the second was May, and the third was June. What was the name of her fourth child?
- There are ten sheep walking in a straight line across a field. What numbered sheep can look back and say he is the third from the last in line?
- A house painter paints numbers on all the new houses in a neighborhood from 1-100. How many times does he have to paint the digit 9? (Not a trick; I’m just betting you can’t count.)
Finished early? Your choices:
1) Doodle – Theme: “Weird Planet.” The theme is optional; you may doodle about whatever you want. If I like it you get get extra credit.
2) Trackword. 10 words = +1, 20 = +2, etc.
3) Read something.
4) Nap. Just don’t snore.
5) Stare blankly (and silently) into space.
Have a tremendous 3-day weekend!