Prep sheet for Test #5.
FROs: 9-18: ___/8 9-19:___/10 9-20:___/10 KBARR: _____/40
Outsiders Quiz: ___/5 Vocabulary Homework: ___/20
Vocab Practices: 9-18:___/10 9-19:___/10 9-20:___/10
Other Extra Credit: +3 for Per. 5 for vocab relay, +1 for Periods 1 and 2. +1 for each extra sentence for sentences combining.
- Explain how I do it: “In my bedroom, the nearest lamp that I usually keep turned on is 12 feet away from my bed. Alone in the room, without using wires, strings, or any other aids or contraptions, I can turn out the light on that lamp and get into bed before the room is dark.”
- What are the elusive characters; missing two letters or numbers? (In other words, what letters go into the blanks? The answer is NOT R and E.)
W A T E ___ M ___ L O N
- 1961 was a special year (other than for the fact that Mr. Coward was born then). In fact, the next time a year will be this special will be the year 6009. What is so special about those two years?
- If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
- In each sentence below, an animal is concealed. For example, the sentence, “What shall I do, Gertrude?” has the word dog concealed. Find the hidden animal in each sentence.
- a) Horace tries in school to be a very good boy.
- b) People who drive too fast are likely to be arrested.
- c) For the Halloween party, John came looking like a radish.
- When does 1+1+1=1?
IMPORTANT: If you are EXEMPT from the FROs section, write EXEMPT across that section of your paper and skip ahead to question #20. Be sure to advance your clicker too. When we look at score, be sure to add 8 points to whatever it says.
Doodle Theme: Music!