Copy homework into planner.
“SAWs, 9/24.” Each word is used twice.
complexity (noun) the quality of having many interrelated parts; the quality of not being simple
culture (noun) a way of life; a group of people who share a particular way of life
element (noun) a piece, part, or component
resourceful (adjective) inventive; capable
tradition (noun) a regular practice; a custom that is repeated over time
- We used the _____ of surprise for Joe’s birthday party.
- It is a ___ to give Santa cookies and milk on Christmas.
- _____ people reuse everything they can.
- In American _______, we celebrate our independence on July 4.
- He couldn’t handle the ___ of the Webster’s crossword because his vocabulary wasn’t strong enough.
- As your vocabulary increases, you can read and understand writing of greater ______.
- (2) Much of what makes up a ______ are its _____(s).
- Because he was ____, he was able to survive until he was found.
- There are several _____(s) that help make up a good essay.
Go over Test #5.