“Vocab, 9/26.” You will use words more than once.
1. ____ 2. ____ 3._____ 4.____
5. flashback : reveals :: ____ : foreshadows
6. He was a bit ____ after he got hit in the head during the rumble.
7. Two-Bit told Pony about one of his ____(s) while Pony did the dishes.
8. The company that made that toy is now ______, so you can’t buy it any more.
9. mature : juvenile :: clear-headed : _______
10. The thief ____(ed) the alarm system, and was able to steal the jewels.
11. It is sometimes fun to ___ a little brother or sister’s lack of savvy.
12. * Draw a picture that represents one of the SAWs for this week. No WORDS!!! Each person in the group has to pick a different word to draw. You may suggest pictures for each other to draw. I will choose notebook to display to see if we can ID your pic.
SAWs: element, culture, tradition, complexity, resourceful
- As the llama wandered too close to the fire.
- Although he was a llama, he was a person too.
- Llamas speak Spanish I didn’t know that.
- Is that a llama?
- The strange life of the llama is a mystery to most of us.
- I don’t like how your llama is staring at me.
“Sentence SCRAMBLE, 9/26.” NEW! Sentence Scrambles. Use every word. Do not break up the pieces any more. Rearrange the chunks until you get the right-sounding sentence. Write it down.
1a. as we roared
1b. Dally cussed
1c. and nearly tore out
1d. out of the Dairy Queen
1e. under his breath
1f. the transmission of the T-bird
2a. looked up from his scrambled eggs
2b. once upon a sunny morning
2c. who sat in a breakfast nook
2d. quietly nibbling the roses
2e. with a gold horn
2f. a man
2g. to see a white unicorn
2h. in the garden
Questions for the Homie Groups:
What was the inciting incident of the Pony vs Darry conflict? What was the climax?
What makes Pony finally realize Cherry was right when she said, “Things are rough all over”?