“Sentence Scramble, 10/3.” Unscramble into a smooth sentence. You must use all the pieces intact, but there is more than one way to arrange them. Write the completed and punctuated sentence in your notebook. (+1 each for extras.)
- her creamed corn
- at the baby sitter
- onto the floor
- Jennifer flipped
“Apostrophes, 10/3.” Pluralize and/or possessify.
- She’s sure ____ going to be all right. (it)
- My friend _____ goal is to become an astronaut. (Maria)
- _____ bright idea was this? (who)
- It was every single _____ nightmare. (student)
- The llama wagged ____ tail. (it)
- All the ____ clothing is on the second floor. (more than one man)
- All the _____ uniforms were new. (player)
- The best era for music was the ____. (70)
- _____ (Not aplomb this time.)
- confused : savvy :: bored : ______(ed)
- His feeling of accomplishment was ______(ed) when he found out that EVERYONE received an A on the test.
- “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” This means that whoever is doing the _____(ing) is the one who judges how beautiful something is.
- She speaks both French and German with equal ______.
- His political ____(s) tried to prevent him from winning the election.
- Which word best captures the Soc’s attitude (attitude!) toward the greasers? ____
- He was ___(ed) to his room until his homework was finished.
- As the snowfall ____(ed), we were finally able to see the road.
- * There was a flaw in the ____ of the new plane which made it difficult to fly.
(You get 10 minutes, then it becomes homework. We correct the questions tomorrow.)
- Finish chapter 10, and then go see Mr. Coward for the Chapter 10 big question. Return to your desk and thoughtfully answer the question in your notebook under the title: “Why?”
- Then get a ch10 Quiz from the stack (white) and write the ANSWERS (not the letters) in your notebook. Do not write on the question sheet!
- If the above is finished:
- Get an SE HInton Profile from the stack (yellow).
- Read it and answer the questions at the end on a separate sheet of paper. (Title: “SE Hinton Profile.”)
- Put the sheet in the basket when you are finished.
Big Questions so far:
Did Dally die gallant? What makes you think so/not? Why was his death sadder than Johnny’s?
Outsiders, chapter 11, aloud.
How long has passed up to now since the beginning of the book?