Tomorrow’s Test: Apostrophes, Vocab, Husker Du, Outsiders
“Sentence Scramble, 10/4.” Unscramble into one smooth sentence. Do not add or subtract any words. Punctuate!
–the electrical outlet –grabbing –Crazy Cathy –the cat’s tail –headed for
“Apostrophes and Plurals, 10/4.”
- _____ llama was selected for the fair. Charles
- I got all ____ on my report card. A
- The _____ lounge is usually off-limits to students. more than one teacher
- _____ llama is that? who
- I think that llama is _____. they
- The ____ softball team mascot is a llama. more than one woman
- I think ____ going to be OK. they
- All the ____ haircuts looked dorky. more than one llama
“Vocabulary, 10/4.” Each word used once. No SAWs.
- One of the themes of The Outsiders is that what you _____ is not necessarily what the reality is.
- The amount of crime _____(ed) when police started patrolling the neighborhood more often.
- I would like to _____ these rumors by explaining what the facts are.
- The 5 hour Advanced Placement exam was very _______.
- She has a great _____ for companies that mistreat their workers and refuses to buy their products. (Bonus: What recent, previous vocab word is she demonstrating?)
- The root origins of this word meant “curse and proclamation.”
- The root origin of this word meant “cheerful.”
- The root origin of this word meant ” in large letters.”
- The root origin of this word meant “turned against.”
- The root origin of this word meant “digestion.”
- The root origin of this word meant”balanced and straight and true.” ______