Prep sheet for Test #7:
KBAR: ___/40 Vocabulary Homework: ____/20
Vocab Practices: 10/2: ____/12 10/3: ____/13 10/4: ___/11
Bonus for SS and Apost.: +___ (I only want to hear about EXTRA credit.)
Other Extra Credit: +3 for period 5 for Vocab Relay, +1 for Periods 1 and 6.
Doodle Theme: Incorporate the supplied doodle into your own.
- Supply the missing four words to make a famous expression. (No, you don’t get to ask any questions.)
“Failure ____ ____ ____ ____.”
Options: a) Success b) Victory c) Triumph d) Accomplishment
- In each sentence below, an animal is concealed. For example, the sentence, “What shall I do, Gertrude?” has the word dog concealed. Find the hidden animal in each sentence.
- a) He used his powers of persuasion to summon key people to the meeting.
- b) Did I ever tell you, that at camp in the fall, I once found a ten dollar gold piece?
- c) Asking nutty questions can be most annoying.
- A man made up a seven-character password (letters and numbers only) for his e-mail account, and he wanted to write it down somewhere in case he forgot it. But he didn’t want to write down the actual password, so he wrote this sentence:
“You force Heaven to be empty.” What was his password?
- What number is always found in the middle of the telephone directory?
- What famous saying is represented here?
zain yain xain wain vain uain tain sain rain qain oain nain main lain kain jain iain hain fain eain dain cain bain aain
- A pen and a pencil together cost $1.10. The pen costs exactly $1.00 more than the pencil. What does each cost? (Not a trick, just math.)