Tomorrow’s Test: Transitions, Vocab/SAWs, Husker Du FROs (sigh), TMA.
“Transitions, 10/18.” in fact, consequently, because, furthermore, instead, for example, nevertheless
A vegetarian can be defined as someone who does not eat meat, fish, or other animal products, such as eggs or cheese; 1) _____, he or she eats vegetables, fruits, grains, and seeds. 2) _____ this diet consists of non-meat food sources, a vegetarian typically consumes less fat and cholesterol than an individual who consumes meat. 3) _____, raising animals for food uses valuable land, water, and energy. This is one of the reasons many people become vegetarians. 4) _____, adopting a vegetarian diet helps conserve the valuable resources that our future depends on.
“Husker Du, 10/18.”
- We have three ______ in our class. (Morris)
- The upstairs library is a great place to quietly study. Adjectives?
- us: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
- That embarrassing moment when you realize that your llama just wrote a run on sentence. a) Fragment b) Run On c) Correct Sentence
- Up, up, and away went my beautiful llama balloon. a) Fragment b) Run On c) Correct Sentence
- (roguish pirate pic)_____
- (two side of a bridge under construction that don’t line up)_____ (not sham)
- (a woman hungrily eyeing a jar of cookies)_____
- (a guy striking a huge gong) ____
- (2) Job Applicants’ Coach: “Always remember that the most ____ person is the person who can hide his ____(ce) best.”
- Everyone promised to ____ by Judge Judy’s decision.
- The large donation was quite a(n) _____ for the poor little non-profit organization.
- Investors lost millions on the ______ investment scheme. (not incompetent)
- The cat liked to “bite at the ____(ingly) moving pen.”
- (2) Is high-technology a _____ for mankind, or is it a _____ and just another way for companies to sell more stuff?
- * Make sure that ladder is _____ before you climb it.
These will be questions on tomorrow’s test
- Why does Jane the Midwife not notice that Alyce is gaining skills and respect in the village?
- Why does Alyce deliver the bailiff’s wife’s baby, instead of the midwife?
- What prompted Alyce’s first smile?
- What part of the story are we in?
- After she proved herself by delivering Alyce Little, how does the midwife treat Alyce?
- Why do the boys say they are chasing Runt?