Copy homework into planner.
rely (verb) to depend
react (verb) to respond
alternative (adjective) other, different
justify (verb) to show or prove to be right; to defend
proportion (noun) fraction; compared amounts; amount as compared to a whole
- We had to come up with a(n) _____ for butter when we ran out.
- “Every action has an equal and opposite _____(ion).”
- My mom made me _____ why I needed a new phone before she said yes.
- Some of the money goes to cover expenses, but a large _____ is donated to charity.
- The whole village must ____ on one well for all its water.
Proofreading Practice I. Proofread up to the end of the first paragraph. List all the mistakes you find and how to fix them. +1 point for each correctly found and fixed, -1 for each missed and/or each wrongly corrected.
Debrief Test #9. Some classes did ok… Some, not so much.