- There used to be a TV show called The ____ Gourmet which showed you how to eat well without spending a lot of money.
- Art Spiegelman once published magazines of ____ comics like “The Prisoner on the Hell Planet.”
- We rushed to ______ together a float for the parade before the upcoming deadline.
- Horror movies are sort of ________ for many people.
- “I never knew a person more _____ than myself. The fact that I say that shows what I say is true.”
- The athlete was ___ about the use of steroids. He knew they were harmful, but they helped his performance.
- (2) She tried to stay awake during math, but it was ______, and she finally ______(ed) to the sleepiness and nodded off.
“Simple, Compound, Complex Sentences.”
I = Independent Clause D = Dependent Clause.
(S) Simple Sentence (S) = One I.
(CD) Compound Sentence (CD) = I + I, joined by a comma and one of the FANBOYS (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so)
(CX) Complex Sentence (CX) = I + D or D + I, joined by although, since, because, while, when, if, etc.)
“S/CD/CX, 12/12.” Write S, CD, or CX for each sentence.
- I like turtles because they are cute.
- The llama is a quadruped with fins for swimming.
- I sent the llama to the store before the party started.
- Katy tried to call me, but my phone was dead.
- You would like it if you were a bird.
- Herbie the llama ate some grass, and it gave him gas.
- He failed the test after he ignored the warning.
- He forgot to practice, yet he still did well.
- Jenni ate the hot dog, and she got sick.
- Because Jenni ate the hot dog, she got sick.
- Bonus for +1: Why is #10 a “better” sentence than #9?
120 Seconds Continues.
Vladek – Mouse Holes.