Tomorrow’s Test (yes, Tomorrow’s): Vocab, S/CD/CX, Vladek.
No KBAR tomorrow night! Your chart should show three (3) complete lines tomorrow!
“Vocab, 12/19.” (13)
mesmerize, quarantine, hypochondria, pandemonium, defray, subjugate, resolute, intercede, disgruntled, wallow, pauper, *incorporate, *initiative, *acknowledge, *transport, *incidence
- The prefix of this word means under. _____
- We were completely _____(ed) by the amazing acrobatic performance.
- Their argument probably would have become violent if the llama hadn’t _____(ed).
- The poor villagers needed someone to _______ on their behalf and help them to be treated fairly.
- Fifth period is often the scene of _____, and that is why they rarely get a “10” from a guest teacher.
- We held a carwash to help ______ the cost of the trip.
- (2) They separated all the people with _____ to an imaginary ______. (haha)
- * The drug has been linked with a higher _____ of certain cancers.
“S/CD/CX, 12/19.” (9)
- It seemed essential to eat broccoli, but I watched tv instead.
- His doctor recommended buying a goat and going water-skiing.
- He thought he was OK until he wasn’t.
- Rudolpho was upset when his mom ate the cheeselog.
- Though he knew it was a mistake, he ate the doughnut anyway.
- We should slow down, so the llama can catch up.
- The crew checked the llama, and the captain prepared it for the sea.
- Combine the following two sentences into one. Do it twice: First as a compound (CD) sentence, then as a complex (CX) sentence.
- We took the skinheads bowling.
- The llama stayed at home alone.
120 Seconds (in some classes.)
Maus. Vladek finally makes a mistake!