Welcome Guest Teacher. Please be on your best behavior for the guest teacher, who will rate each class 1-10 for work ethic and cooperation and leave me a note about each class’s behavior. As you know, any class that scores less than 8 will be subject to penalties upon my return. Classes that earn 10’s will be rewarded. The guest teacher will make a note on the seating chart of anyone who is a pain, and those people will face my wrath on Tuesday.
Please follow the steps in order.
- Copy homework into planner:
- KBARR: Reading M-Th (15+ min.) + 4×4 Chart in notebook + 1pg response in notebook due Friday.
- Vocabulary due Tuesday, Wednesday.
- Interview Questions Due Thursday!
2. Go over Test #19. (If you were absent on Friday, you know what to do. If you took your test home, you know what to do.)
The guest teacher will display the key and read them out loud. Double check tonight to see if your clicker score matches.
3. “Husker Du… Commas? 1/28”
Write the word before, the comma, and the word after. Write ok if no commas are needed. Some might need more than one comma.
- If you don’t already know today we’re going to learn to cut and paste kids!
- Lloyd the Llama author of a best-selling book and renowned rocket scientist was awarded the prestigious Nobel Prize for Poetry.
- The llama that she rode to the wedding looked very pretty.
- The llama jerky was soft but satisfying.
- Because the llama missed the bus he was late for his very important appointment.
- Please no smoking food or beverages in the classroom!
- Most of the time travelers worry about their luggage getting lost.
- I played video games for hours with my friend the llama.
- Sid waited for the llama to arrive so he could get a ride in his hot new Camaro.
4. Correct. Guest teacher has the key.
5. If your class has not finished Book 2, Chapter 2 (to page 234), please do so. If your class got that far, go to the next step.
6. Use a Chromebook to go to LearnersDictionary.com and begin your vocab homework.
PLEASE DO NOT DO YOUR “SHOW ME YOU KNOWS” UNTIL AFTER WE WORK ON THE WORDS TOMORROW
7. If you finish vocab, you may read ahead in MAUS.