- What does the prefix eu– mean?
- monthly housing accommodation payment
- governmental revenue ($) enhancement
- relocation center
- encore telecast
- correctional facility
- over the hill
- _____ Pic of a sign with the NIKE swoosh that says Mike Wong, with the W being an upside down McDonald’s logo.
- _____ A “Get Out of Jail Free” card from a Monopoly game.
- _____ A pic of a kitty in the corner with his front paws in the air, and saying, “I give up!”
- _____ Pic of a teenager throwing her hands in the air in anger at her mom.
- “There is only one way to avoid criticism: Do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.” -Aristotle. ______
- If you search more systematically, instead of so ____(ly), you will be more likely to find whatever you’re looking for.
- During the summer, without something to do, some kids can get very _____ and end up not doing much of anything.
- After she fell, she got up and tested her leg _____(ly) to see if it would support her weight.
- She was always very _____ about her work. That’s why she got A’s.
- Many rappers “sing” the praises of “bling” and _____ consumption.
- The _____ student copied his essay from the internet.
- (2*) He saw a ____ increase in his test scores after he started studying. Que milagro! It wasn’t just ____ talk from Mr. Coward.
A look at the Bill of Rights. Why is #6 especially important?
The Sixth Amendment establishes a number of rights of the defendant in a criminal trial:
to a speedy and public trial
to trial by an impartial jury
to be informed of criminal charges
to confront witnesses
to compel witnesses to appear in court
to assistance of counsel
Bonus: What is “Old Glory” a nickname for? Respond thusly in your notebook with a date:
“Old Glory” is the nickname for___________.
Bonus Two: Uncle Sam is a nickname for ________.
What would a “Civic Responsibility” class be all about?
Listen! Yes, LISTEN!
“Old Glory” Note the title of his essay and the date!
Hand out Giver books.
Finish chapter 1 tonight.