Copy homework into planner.
Debrief Test #21. Hmmmm.
Vocab Preview. Use Learner’s Dictionary to look up these four vocab words from tonight’s list. Match each one with a blank.
meager, suppress, impede, exuberant
- _____ Pic of a basketball player getting in another player’s way as he drives to the basket.
- _____ Drawing of a face with hands covering the eyes and mouth.
- _____ Pic of a little boy very excited and joyful about a pine tree.
- _____ Pic of a plate with one pea on it and a knife and fork poised over it.
The Giver. Read Chapter 4 tonight! +1-1-1 in your notebook. Preview of tomorrow’s quiz:
- Roberto’s release was a sad occasion for all at the House of the Old because he was so well-loved. a) True b) False
- All of these were a part of Roberto’s release ceremony except…a) a review of his life and accomplishments. b) chanting the patriotic anthem. c) speeches from friends and admirers. d) a period of mourning. e) These were all a part of the ceremony.
- (Quote.) Where does Larissa say the Old go when they are released?
Chromie Up! Work on Interviews.
- Introduction: Setting. Description of scene/setting. How it was set up. Why you chose this person. Relationship to this person.
- Description of person. Show, don’t tell.
- Looks. (Details.)
- Voice and choice of words. Delivery.
- Personality. (Bitter? Enthusiastic? Happy? Lost in memories? Crabby? What?)
- The intro/description should be 350-400+ words.
- Questions you asked, followed by answers and follow up.
- You may summarize their answers, but please include at least three good quotes(word for word, as close as you can get) that use the person’s actual words.
- Conclusion: Discuss what you learned, most surprising info, most interesting, change in attitude toward older people, etc. About 75-100+ words.
- Come up with a creative title that sums up the interview.
- Extra Credit: pics.