Tomorrow’s “Test”: Vocab + Giver.
- Pic of a giant, fallen tree blocking the road.
- Pic of a bear seriously napping.
- Cartoon of Uncle Sam’s hand over someone’s mouth and the word QUIET!
- Pic of a joyful grandma leaping into a lake!
- Pic of a celebrity smirking.
- Pic of clock dissolving into confetti.
- Pic of two women resting on a mattress in a garbage dump.
- Pokemon Go is an example of a game that uses _____(ed) reality, adding extra features to the real world through technology.
- After the second offense the punishment _____(ed) from chastisement to use of the discipline wand.
- (2) Vladek tried to ____ the ____ amount of food they were allowed by working on the black market.
“Giver, ch5.” Write the ANSWER, not the letter.
- (quote) Why was Jonas angry at Fiona in his dream?
- How does Jonas describe his dream? a) Pleasurable and confusing. b) Frightening and confusing. c) Confusing and funny. d) Sad and depressing. e) Worrying and exciting.
- (quote) What did Jonas say was the strongest feeling in his dream?
- Only males take the pills. a) True b) False
- Jonas actually enjoyed the feeling of the Stirrings. a) True b) False
Work on Interviews. DUE FRIDAY!
Conclusion: Discuss what you learned, most surprising info, most interesting, change in attitude toward older people, etc. About 75-100+ words.
- Introduction: Setting. Description of scene/setting. How it was set up. Why you chose this person. Relationship to this person.
- Description of person. Show, don’t tell.
- Looks. (Details.)
- Voice and choice of words. Delivery.
- Personality. (Bitter? Enthusiastic? Happy? Lost in memories? Crabby? What?)
- The intro/description should be 350-400+ words.
- Questions you asked, followed by answers and follow up.
- You may summarize their answers, but please include at least three good quotes(word for word, as close as you can get) that use the person’s actual words.
- Conclusion: Discuss what you learned, most surprising info, most interesting, change in attitude toward older people, etc. About 75-100+ words.
- Come up with a creative title that sums up the interview.
- Extra Credit: pics.
WHEN YOU FINISH:
- Proofread! Do what you have to do to get it ready for public consumption!
- Make sure you have shared with me. DO NOT SHARE AGAIN “JUST IN CASE.” Check!
- Use the Print Link to the right (under “Links”) and print your essay.