“Husker Du, 3/12.”
Period One, Test #15. a) prestige b) deprive c) dishevelled d) suave e) affectation f) non sequitur g) acute h) prevalent i) ideology j) zealous
- 1. The root of this word was Latin for “not in sequence.” _____
- 2. The root of this word was Latin for “needle.” _____
- 4. The root of this word was Old French for “hair.” _____
- 10. The Nazi _____ included racial purity.
- 11. Lack of sleep has both ____ and long-term effects on your health.
Period Two, Test #7. a) potential b) design c) feature d) impact e) transfer
- 10. A twisted rubber band has _____ energy that can be used to fly a small plane.
- 11. The prefix of this word means across or through: _____.
- 12. There was a flaw in the ____ of the new plane which made it difficult to fly.
- 13. _____ llama was selected for the fair. a) Charles’ b) Charles’s c) Charle’s d) NOTA
- 14. I got all ____ on my report card. a) A’s b) As c) ‘A’s d) NOTA
Period Five, Test #14. a) vivid b) saw c) aspire d) pacify e) daunting f) diminutive g) pragmatic h) volatile i) dilemma j) iconic
- 6. She faced a _____ about turning in her friend for cheating.
- 7. The root of this word means “life.” _____
- 8. skinflint : benevolent :: ______ : easy
- 9. Reading Shakespeare for the first time can be rather ______.
- 10. They tried to ______ the angry mob by telling them their concerns would be addressed.
Period Six, Test #18. a) contrary b) insinuate c) improvise d) shrewd e) allegory f) absolution g) advocate h) agitate i) prohibit
- 1. We ran out of the ingredients for the recipe, so we had to ______.
- 2. Some people think that the Narnia series is a religious _________, with Aslan the lion representing Christ.
- 3. Years of work were needed for the CIA agent to _____ himself into the terrorist organization.
- 4. The protesters _____(ed) for changes in immigration laws.
- 11. The root of this word means “voice.” _____
- We spent the evening playing ______ Pursuit, trying to answer obscure questions.
- After the death of his brother, he sat _____(ing) in his room wondering whether it was his fault.
- Mr. Coward does not put up with _______ speech in his classroom.
- It is difficult to _____ accurately about the future because things are changing so rapidly.
- (2) Santa Claus is usually portrayed as a _____, smiling, fat man with a very pleasant ______.
- With care, feeding, and love, the little puppy ____(ed).
- *The crow ______(ed) the tool even without hands.
- *Animals _____ behaviors in zoos that they don’t in the wild.
Previously on… The Giver! Write/Draw a 3-4 panel recap of the movie so far. You only have 5-6 minutes so don’t sweat over the art too much. Focus on bringing us up to date, especially about the big changes, in an exciting way!