noun, verb, adjective, adverb, pronoun, interjection, conjunction
- In the sentence, He ran yesterday the word yesterday is a(n) ______.
- The words am, is, are, was, were are all _____(s).
- In many languages other than English, this comes AFTER the noun instead of before, as in English
- Answers the questions how, where, or when.
- Answers the questions which one, what kind, how many.
- Separated from the rest of the sentence by punctuation.
- Shows, action, being, or state of being.
- He kept a running total of his grade.
- I like running the mile.
- We are running in PE tomorrow.
- When he thought Becky was sick, Tom was so depressed he was ___ to all of Aunt Polly’s treatments.
- He was very cocky, and walked with a _____ that showed it.
- The miscreant was (un)_______ after he was caught, saying he would do it again if he had the chance.
- It is part of a cheerleader’s job to be enthusiastic and _____.
- She had her hair cut in a _______ new style that everyone liked.
- “Every pore inside the boys cheeks became a spouting fountain; they could scarcely bail out the cellars under their tongues fast enough to prevent a(n) _____(ion).”
Tom Sawyer Quiz. NOT COLLABORATIVE! (5)
Explain the following quote:
“He had contemplated a good part of the performance before he contributed his bit of variety to it.” (p52/p49-50)
Things to include in your explanation:
- Who “He” is.
- What the “performance” is, and who is involved.
- What “contributed his bit of variety” means.
Chapter 8: A Pirate bold to be!