“Spelling, 5/1.” (7)
- (3) He saluted the _____, who had been in the Marine _____ for 25 years, and who was the ______ reason behind he himself becoming a Marine.
- (2) it is : ___ :: who owns : ___
- antagonist : protagonist :: villain : _____
- John murdered the Cheerios and then he offed the Captain Crunch and then he snuffed out the Wheaties. John is a _______ killer. Get it? This is a joke on which pair of words? (Bonus: What kind of joke is it?)
Spelling Bee! How far will your class get before it makes a mistake?
- All 19 words spelled correctly = +3, 18 = + 2, 17 = +1. Every 5 past 19 = +1.
- If no class reaches 17, the class with the highest number gets +2.
- You have 3 minutes to study up.
“Vocabulary, 5/1.” Once each. One SAW.
- “Two roads ____(ed) in a yellow wood…” I took the one less traveled by.
- During the period before Easter, you are supposed to ____ from something you enjoy.
- The A he received on the first test was a(n) _______ beginning to the quarter.
- The morning after Doc Robinson’s murder, the entire town ____(ed) on the scene of the crime.
- After he started studying for the tests, he saw a _____ increase in his grade.
- His fake nose and mustache combo was a pathetic attempt to go ______.
- Since they believed Injun Joe had sold his soul to Satan, they thought it would be ______ to mess with him.
- (2) It was a little____ to watch the _____ practice the same basic move over and over.
- (2) As Examination Day approached, Mr. Dobbins grew more and more _____, and was ______ about punishing any wrong answer. (The order matters.)
- *In the interview, he _____(ed) all his success to listening to his 7th grade English teacher.
- In the third paragraph of chapter 17, what does it mean when it says Becky “soliloquized”?
- Which of these is the caption that was under this illustration in the original edition? a) “It’s a Miracle!” b) “Poor Huck” c) “The Dead Boys” d) “Tom’s Proudest Moment” e) “Trouble is Coming”
- (2) “Well, Tom Sawyer, he licked me once.” (p 118b, 109w) Why did this person say this? Why was no one impressed?
- In the second-to-last paragraph of ch. 17, what does Mark Twain mean by the word “sold”?
Tom Sawyer: I saw it all in a dream! Becky and Tom break up AGAIN! Chapter 18-19.