Welcome to Seventh Grade English!
(Short classes today due to the Tour Schedule with Homies.)
Seating Charts/Schedules/Name Pronunciation, etc.
I. Copy homework into assignment book (AKA: planner).
This is the first thing we do every week. The homework for the entire week goes up Monday (or the first day of the week).
USE YOUR PLANNER.
II. Vocabulary Sheet How-To. Rate your knowledge of each word 1-4.
- Definitions due (in notebook) tomorrow. Use learnersdictionary.com!
- Show-me-you-knows (SMYK) due Wednesday. Copy my starter sentences into your notebook and complete them in a way that and SHOWS ME YOU KNOW what each word means!
- For EXTRA CREDIT, make up sentences of your own by Friday that SHOW ME YOU KNOW.
III. Analogies. Practice for Vocab.
x : y :: a : b.
Translation: x is related to y in the same way that a is related to b.
Example –> ice : melt :: garbage : rot.
In Notebook: “Warm Up, 8/19/19.” Copy!
- tobacco : cigarette : : meat : _____
- boxer : athlete :: chair : ______
- Which is correct: “18 plus 19 is 36,” or “18 plus 19 are 36″?