Tomorrow’s Test: Apostrophes, Vocab, Husker Du, Sentence Scramble, Outsiders.
“Apostrophe’s +, 10/3.”
- _____ llama was selected for the fair. Charles
- I got all ____ on my report card. A
- The _____ lounge is usually off-limits to students. more than one teacher
- _____ llama is that? who
- I think that llama is _____. they
- The ____ softball team mascot is a llama. more than one woman
- I think ____ going to be OK. they
- All the ____ haircuts looked dorky. more than one llama
- Is the title above spelled correctly?
- Is AW’s in the title below spelled correctly?
“Vocabulary, 10/3.” Each word used once. No AW’s.
- One of the themes of The Outsiders is that what you _____ is not necessarily what the reality is.
- The amount of crime _____(ed) when police started patrolling the neighborhood more often.
- I would like to _____ these rumors by explaining what the facts are.
- The 5 hour Advanced Placement exam was very _______.
- She has a great _____ for companies that mistreat their workers and refuses to buy their products. (Bonus: What recent, previous vocab word is she demonstrating?)
- The root origins of this word meant “curse and proclamation.” _____ (Hint: Who would make a proclamation?)
- The root origin of this word meant “cheerful.” _____
- The root origin of this word meant ” in large letters.” _____
- The root origin of this word meant “turned against.” _____
- The root origin of this word meant “digestion.” _____
- The root origin of this word meant”balanced and straight and true.” ______
- Five (5) minutes to finish ch 9 Quiz.
- Trade and Grade Quiz.
- Continue reading ch 10.
- Faster Readers: Keep your mouths shut.
- When you finish chapter 10: Go see Mr. Coward for the Chapter 10 big question. Return to your desk and thoughtfully answer the question in your notebook under the title: “Why?”
- Then get a ch10 Quiz from the stack (white) and write the ANSWERS (not the letters) in your notebook. Do not write on the question sheet!
- If you have finished all of the above, work on Extra Credit Vocab Sentences.