“Sentence Soup! 10/9.” Now the words are in completely random order! You will need a comma this time.
went and destruction he running in path spreading through house the chaos his
- _____ going to the store for llama cheese. (they)
- _____ going with them? (who)
- All the ____ haircuts looked dorky. (llama)
- We have three _____ in the class. (Elvis)
- _____ not going to believe this! (you)
- All the _____ costumes were hilarious. (lady)
“Vocab, 10/9.” Write the word. You will use words more than once.
- (2) In the fable “The Tortoise and the Hare,” the tortoise is ______ and the hare is ______.
- “Nothing in the mail but junk mail and a death certificate.” _______
- “Election years are the best time to land–they never notice us in all the _____.”
- After he forgot his wife’s birthday, he had to _____ for several days before she forgave him.
- He practiced the skate trick ______(ly) until he got it right.
- My mom didn’t find my reasons for “needing” an X-Box13 very _____, so I was denied.
- He was so hungry that he ate the food, ____ of the mold around the edges.
- The warnings about the storm were ____. It was clear you needed to take cover.
- compelling : boring :: cordial : ____
- *______ 13. *_____ 14.*_____
- (2) Reread the middle paragraph on p179/p155. It’s the one that begins, “Tell Dally.” What is Pony’s purpose in writing this all down? Respond in your notebook. Do not quote; explain! Make sure your answer has at least one of the following words in it: because, although, since, even though.
- Place the following events on a Plot Mountain diagram:
- Dally’s death
- Bob’s death
- P & J cutting their hair
- The rumble
- The hearing
- Revealing that the book is Pony’s theme for English
- Dally hassling the girls
- The fire in the church
Time? S E Hinton profile.