“Transitions, 10/15.” (9) Choose the best Transition for each.
furthermore, first, third, in fact, until then, consequently, in contrast, second, then, however, but, nevertheless
- I know Pedro quite well. _____, Pedro happens to be my best friend.
- Jackie studies all the time; ______, Billy never studies. (Not however. Not but either.)
- First, Mary went to the store, and _____ she went to visit her mother.
- (2) The medication seems effective. _____, more research must be done to see if it’s safe. _____, it’s best to avoid it.
- (3) ______, I will boil the water. ______, I will brew the tea, and ____, I will serve it.
- Write a sentence using the word nevertheless. (Bonus if it is about Beetle.)
“Vocabulary , 10/15.” (14p) * = AW.
- _____ “Where’s the ‘Any’ key?”
- _____ (Bonus for this guy’s name.)
- _____ (Bonus for what this type of bandage is called. Further bonus if you actually spell the word correctly.)
- (2) Which two vocabulary words this week have prefixes that mean not?
- The codeine in your cough syrup is a ______ of the same plant that is used to make heroin.
- Their relationship was rather _____, with many ups, downs, and in-betweens over the years.
- Which vocabulary word has a prefix that means again?
- Unlike the Socs, the greasers were considered to be _______ characters
- The carpenter we hired to build the shed was very ______; it was a well-built shed.
- Give an example of a derivative of the word child.
- *_____ 13.*(un)_____
The Midwife’s Apprentice.
- Do a 1-1-1-1 for chapter 2 “The Cat.”
- Read chapter 3 “The Midwife” and DO ONLY THE CURIOSITY QUESTION for chapter 3.
- Read chapter 4 and be prepared for the quiz tomorrow.
- If finished with all that, do you SMYK’s and/or Your EC Vocab.