SMYK’s are now due Thursday!
Proofreading, 10/29. fragment, run on, apostrophe or plural error, word misuse, no mistake
1) Yesterday, I downloaded from iTunes the album My Love is Like a Cheese it’s by the band Love Baby Kiss Doll. 2) I thought I’d like it a lot, and I did. 3) Everybody’s phone or music player should have this album on it. 4) If you’re going to buy only one album this year, it should be this one. 5) Especially if you’re into space country music and stuff like that.
6) Although there are many compelling songs, my favorite song on the album is called “Take the Skinheads Bowling.” 7) It’s a very wistful song about the good ‘ol days bowling with punk rock dudes. 8) Do you remember those days? I wouldn’t think that you would. 9) This song also has an abundance of rocking guitars and a defunct section featuring JayZ.
10) My one complaint is that the album is too long, and my enthusiasm started to ebb by the end.
- “If there are no other ideas, then it’s agreed we blame the media.” _____
- Since I hadn’t studied, I was ______ about my chances on the difficult test.
- The hill with the M on it is known _____(ly) as Madonna Mountain, but its real name is… (Bonus: en Espanol.)
- Mr. Calandro is trying to _____ a sense of kindness in the students of Laguna.
- The replays of the rescue ____ TV watchers all over the country.
- The _____ of two full moons in one month is called a blue moon.
- The root of this word means “shape.” ______
- He didn’t think the judgement was fair, so he only paid the money ______(ingly).
- There is always a ______of food and drink at the MidState Fair.
- True or False? Always taking the same route to school is a good example of an idiosyncrasy.
- * She has several positive ______(s) that make her a good fit for the job.
Narrative Prep. Checking Show not Tell’s!
Prompt and Instructions.
Think about your SnT:
Does it tell the story? What’s the conflict? What was the “inciting incident”? (How did this ball get rolling?)
How is it resolved?
Conclusion: What effect did this have on your life? Now you can slide back into Telling mode.
Tomorrow, you will write it live!
Alyce and Edward.