Copy homework into planner. No vocab homework! Make sure you know the first 5 weeks’ worth of vocab words.
How many of these do you remember from Week #1?
bliss, infer, bleak, nonchalant, gingerly, rueful, savvy, conform, sage, fathom, connotation
- pain : pleasure :: confusion : ______
- rules : requirements :: happiness : ____
- For Esteban, the word dropout had the ____ of a gang member with a can a spray paint.
- I was able to _____ the meaning of the word from the way it was used.
- Nobody could _____ why he liked school so much even though he got all F’s.
- Even though I was nervous, I tried to act cool and ______.
adjustment (noun) small change
exposure (noun) display; attention; experience with something
modify (verb) to make changes to
monitor (verb) to check; to keep track of
transition (noun) change process
- Many people think that ______ to violence in games and movies can lead to real violence.
- (2) To make a(n) ________ is to _______ something.
- We have been working on ______ words and phrases such as “for example,” “secondly,” and “furthermore.”
- Parents should ______ what their kids are watching and what games they are playing.
- Stranded in the snowy mountains without a jacket, he almost died of _______.
- The US prides itself on a peaceful _______ from one president to the next.
- An adjective ____(s) a noun.
- After a(n) ______ or two, the car ran perfectly.
- Unless you take specific steps to stop it, your phone _____(s) almost all your actions.
Debrief Test #11. Sigh.