Tomorrow’s Test: Vocab Review, RBC – Public Notice, Flying Machine, HD.
“Daily Scramble, 11/14.”
- to see
- more research
- to avoid it
- seems effective
- until then
- the medication
- must be done
- if it’s really safe
- it’s best
“Vocab Review, 11/14.”
a) adversary b) aplomb c) banish d) grueling e) perceive f) disdain g) dispel h) engross i) diminish j) exhilarate
- The root origin of this word meant “cheerful.” _______
- The five hour AP test was _______, and I was exhausted afterwards.
- One of the themes of The Outsiders is that what you ______ is not necessarily what the reality is.
a) diligent b) compelling c) convene d) turmoil e) heedless f) cordial g) diffident h) abundant i) dire j) grovel
- gossipy : discreet :: outgoing : ______
- In the fable “The Tortoise and the Hare,” the tortoise is ______ …
- …and the hare is _____.
a) derivative b) disreputable c) tumultuous d) tantalize e) stanch f) boon g) sham h) abide i) taunt j) incompetent
- The cat liked to “bite at the ____(ingly) moving pen.”
- I cannot ____ someone who cheats; they lose all my respect.
- Unlike the Socs, the greasers were considered to be _______ characters.
a) intrigue b) benevolent c) apprehensive d) wheedle e) sift f) transgression g) aghast h) ebb i) nondescript j) enhance
- I found your story _______(ing), but finally unbelievable.
- Genevieve’s wardrobe was rather ______ and boring until she went on the show What Not to Wear.
- After awhile, enthusiasm for yoyos _____(ed), and people moved onto something else.
a) begrudge b) metamorphosis c) transfixed d) scapegoat e) surfeit f) attribute g) instill h) optimistic i) pessimistic j) colloquial
- “I am but a poor woman with this wretched inn and a blind man to care for. I am sure God does not ____ me my little economies.”
- Since I hadn’t studied, I was ______ about my chances on the difficult test.
- “In this brief fraction of a moment, they take the first step toward performing a _____ that changes people from a group into a mob.”
- When the student searched for “Could an asteroid hit Earth?” the search engine returned more than 10,000 results. a) True b) False c) You can’t tell.
- Even though the student asked a five word question, the search engine ignored one or more of them. How many words were ignored? a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4
- A link is always underlined. a) True b) False
- A web address is also known as a… a) ULR. b) http. c) search engine. d) site. e) URL.
- Not including the search feature, how many “interactive areas” (places where you can do something besides just click) are linked to on the “All About Asteroids” main page? a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 e) 0
- From what we can tell from the main page, the “All About Asteroids” site gives information on… a) how many asteroids hit Mars each year. b) how people can make their own model asteroids. c) what an asteroid is. d) movie myths about asteroids. e) all of the above.
- Which link would you click to look for something else about asteroids on the “All About Asteroids” site that’s not listed on the main page? a) See More Science Topics b) See More General Topics c) Search This Site d) E-mail the Authors e) Take This Poll
“The Flying Machine”