Attention! Some changes in the plan this week:
- The remaining 120’s will go the first week back in January. Same order, same same, just Jan. 7, 8, 9 instead of December 17, 18, 19.
- The Test is Thursday, NOT FRIDAY. Repeat, THURSDAY, NOT FRIDAY.
- A THREE-LINE KBAR chart is due THURSDAY!
- If you want to do extra credit vocab, it’s due THURSDAY!
- Merry Christmas.
“Sentences, 12/17.” Rewrite the sentence below to better show the connection between the two parts.
- We must repair the fence, or the llamas will rush through.
- We took the skinheads bowling, but the llama stayed at home alone.
- They took up a collection to help _____ the cost of the party.
- When the Apollo 11 astronauts returned from the first moon walk, they were _____(ed) to make sure they didn’t bring back any “space germs.”
- Many of you have pretended to be sick to get out of stuff, but a _____(c) actually believes he is sick.
- Mala says that, even though Vladek is rich, he still lives like a _____.
- The emperor’s armies _____(ed) the surrounding kingdoms.
- The prefix of this word means between.
- Anja was ______ about not giving up Richieu until it was too late to save him.
- * (2) The company started a(n) ______ to ______ more employee ideas when it plans what to do.
- *After their quarrel, they wouldn’t even ______ each other when they passed in the hall.
Vladek’s Story Continues.
- Artie very often shows Vladek telling his story as he pedals his exercise bike. What is this a good metaphor for?
- Why might Vladek have been so strict about Artie eating everything on his plate?
“Maus Quiz, 12/17. Collaborative. Each person in the group MUST contribute at least one answer to the group. Everyone in the group should have the same answers. The group’s score is that of the lowest score in the group.
- Since Vladek and Anja’s family is not getting enough food coupons to eat, how are they getting enough food?
- Why is Vladek’s brother-in-law, Wolfe, not too worried about the way things are for them now?
- How does Vladek make money after he loses his factory after coming home from the POW camp?
- How does Vladek’s father-in-law (Anja’s dad) help him after his first close call on the street?
- Who “survived me my life,” according Vladek, when he hid Vladek in his apartment during a roundup.
- What does Vladek suggest that Anja refuses?