“Vocab, 1/7.” * = AW.
- Some people think that the Narnia series is a religious _________, with Aslan the lion representing Christ.
- The old photographs were all ______(ed) to the attic because nobody looked at them any more.
- He tried to _____ himself into the “cool crowd” by hanging around them A LOT.
- Some people see boxing as legally ______(ed) violence.
- This word’s roots mean “to bend/lean inward.” ______
- Now that he had found religion, the former criminal wanted to earn ______ for the things he had done.
- I didn’t like his ____(ion) that I wasn’t good enough to make the team.
- (2) He fooled his pursuers with a _____ trick that he ______(ed) on the spot.
- * (2) Health ____(s) cheered when San Luis became the first city in America to ___ smoking in restaurants.
NEWSELA: “The Nuremberg Laws.” Click the link and follow the directions.