Checking Pink Sheet p148.
“AW Review, 1/22.” (7) enhance, migration, conflicted, fundamental, attribute, despite, integrate, justify, valid, incentive
- Ponyboy was _____ about being a greaser.
- It is difficult for former convicts to ______ back into society.
- Always _____ your KBARR predictions with reasons from the book.
- He ______(ed) his great success to listening to the advice of his seventh grade English teacher.
- My mom didn’t think my arguments for needing a new videogame were _____, so I was denied.
- (2) ______ brought about ______ changes in the population of the country.
Correct Pink Sheet!
“Clauses, 1/22.” (10) Write IND, DEP, or NOT for each boldfaced part of the sentence. For #7, underline your Independent Clause and CIRCLE your Dependent Clause.
- He failed the test after he ignored the llama’s warning.
- The llama is a quadruped with fins for swimming.
- Since the llama ate the hot dog, she got sick.
- Jack was much quicker than the llama was.
- Joe ate the hot dog even though the llama told him not to.
- Jill drove the car out to the llama’s house.
- (4) Write a sentence that consists of one independent clause and one dependent clause. The order does not matter. (Tip: Use a word like: although, when, if, or after.)
Vladek to the end of Book I.
NEWSELA: The Holocaust, Part II. Vladek is about to be sent to Auschwitz. The article explains what that meant for millions of people.