Tomorrow’s Test: Vocab, S/CD/CX, Vladek.
- _____ Pic of a lazy polar bear napping.
- _____ Cartoon of a guy in a robe on a pillow enjoying a cup of hot chocolate and smiling with his eyes closed.
- _____ Cartoon of a guy looking at his computer which says, “Oh no… Not another internet cartoon.”
- _____Pic of scary clouds that look like a monster.
- _____ Cartoon: Smell Wars: Office. Who will triumph? Bad perfume or burnt microwave popcorn?
- Towards the end of the book, Vladek gets very ____ and weak because of his health issues.
- It is taking us awhile to ______ the concepts of compound and complex sentences.
- Vladek is so ____, he spent four hours unpacking, refolding and then repacking their luggage.
- For awhile last year, fidget spinners were _____.
- He spoke in an _______ voice about the upcoming battle which they would probably lose.
- (2) When your sadness is _____(ed), your soul has found ___. (Awww.)
VOCABULARY RELAY (FINALLY!)
“S/CD/CX/FRAG, 1/30″ (10p) The test will look like this!
- The llama thought he was OK until he wasn’t.
- The llama was being petulant, so his mom ate the cheeselog.
- His doctor recommended buying a llama and going water-skiing.
- Even though he knew it was a mistake, the llama ate the doughnut anyway.
- The crew checked the llama, and the captain prepared it for the sea.
- The llama climbed languidly up the very steep hill.
- When you use a dependent clause as a sentence.
- When you combine two INDEPENDENT CLAUSES, but forget to use your COMMA AND YOUR FANBOY, that mistake is called a _____
- (2) Combine the following SIMPLE sentences into a COMPLEX sentence and then a COMPOUND sentence.
- The llama usually got seasick.
- He lived on a houseboat.
- BONUS. Combine the following three sentences into ONE SIMPLE sentence
- A girl rode her unicycle.
- Down the street is where she went.
- She had a llama-shaped balloon.
Me: Checking Interview Questions.
You: Working on 600 words for next Tuesday (today is 1/30) or Vocab EC.
Interview notes are due next Thursday, 2/6!
- Questions and Answers to questions (summaries, several direct quotes)
- Notes on who, how, where, when, why
- Notes on physical description and attitude
Vladek. On tomorrow’s test:
- How does Pavel try to show Artie what Auschwitz felt like?
- What makes Art shrink down again on p207?
- What’s a barrack (aka a block)?
- Why does the tin shop foreman, Yidl, dislike Vladek?
- What does Vladek do to change Yidl’s opinion?
- What was Appel?
- Who helps Vladek establish and maintain contact with Anja?
- What was a Selektion?